Thursday, November 15, 2012

Life's never fun with strep.

hey guys. So I've been stuck at home for the past couple days with Strep Throat, and besides drowning in my own snot, I've gotten a chance to start my NaNoWriMo, which is posted right here. reviews in the comments, please!

“Chirp, Chirp!” The birds signal the beginning of the day, and I grumble, pushing myself up into a sitting position. I hate waking up. A chickadee lands on my blanket.
“Hello,” I whisper, not wanting to scare her.
On second thought, I do like waking up.
“Chick-a-dee-dee-dee!” she tweets, which in bird language means, “get up, or you’ll be late for school. Don’t mind me!”
So I throw off the covers, jump out of bed, and take a deep breath. The Chickadee flutters away.
The sweet smells of lilac and freshly cut grass mingle through the air as my roommate, Chrysanthemum, stirs.
I grab my robe and trudge to my closet. Shirt, jeans, dress, shirt, jeans, dress. I think I’ll choose a dress.
The dress I pull out is a pretty blue one, with streaks of aqua, teal, and a deep sea blue. As I slip it over my head, it feels as if my entire body is awake, Shivering with excitement. Like someone poured a gallon of water over my head. I walk over to Chrys’ bed and rouse her. She’ll take forever to get ready.
“uuunnnhhhh,” She grumbles, throwing her blanket back over the mass of curly blonde hair on her head, contained by a bright green scarf knotted around it.
“Get up sleepy head,” I whisper, and she finally awakes fully.
“Fine,” Chrys replies, and she too, pushes her covers aside and gets up. Satisfied, I continue to ready myself for the day ahead, unknotting the tiny braids in my slightly damp hair. As soon as my brush touches them, they flow together, forming a dark halo of waves that falls to my elbows. I sigh. My hair never does what it’s supposed to.
“Azure, I’m going to be late!” Chrys shouts from the bathroom, the steady hiss of the water running muffling her voice. “Tell Ms. Pine I’ll be there soon, okay?”
“Alright!” I holler back. I slip on my favorite pair of moccasins, hoist my bag up onto my shoulder, and head out the door to class.


Thanks for reading!
--BBB

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! The story is amazing! Love the new background, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Sorry to get back to you so late, didn't see you comment :( It's nice to hear that someone likes it though, so thank you again for taking the time to read it!

    ReplyDelete